For an international application under the PCT, an applicant can pay fees to KIPO directly through wire transfer. For the transfer of any fees to KIPO, please refer to the following bank information.
- Swift code : NACFKRSE
- Name of bank : National Agricultural Cooperative Federation, Government Complex Daejeon Branch
- Account number : 676-01-011484
- Name of beneficiary : KIPO
You may also use this information for the payment of the other fees related to PCT procedures of the Korean Intellectual Property Office(KIPO) as an International Searching Authority and/or International Preliminary Examining Authority.
When transferring fees to the ISA/KR and/or IPEA/KR, please take note of the following matters:
ⅰ) The PCT international application number should be indicated and it is strongly recommended to indicate the name of the invitation/notification concerned.
ⅱ) The sender's charges which have to be paid by the sender should be considered for the purpose of transferring the exact amounts of the fees.
* ISA : International Searching Authority
* IPEA : International Preliminary Examining Authority
Yes. Fee for request for examination can be reduced by 10% if the ISR was established by EPO.
Fee for request for examination can be reduced by 30% if either of the ISR or the IPER was established by KIPO.
Fee for request for examination can be reduced by 70% if both of the ISR and the IPER were established by KIPO.
All the above reductions apply only upon Request.
Please try to pay the fees on KIPO website in 1 or 2 business days after you submitted the demand to IPEA/KIPO.
It might take time for the documents submitted to be forwarded to International Application Division in KIPO.
There are two options available for the payment of the fees with KIPO.
You can pay to KIPO by credit card on the KIPO website or via wire transfer.
The USPTO deposit account is not possible. Also you don’t need to open a deposit account with IPEA/KR
Q. We are having trouble with making a payment through KIPO’s PCT Fees Payments system. We have tried to login to your payment system with our PCT application number and the password we received from KIPO . However, we could not login after several tries. We would like to pay the additional fees online, could you please advise us on this matter
Before you can pay the fee using the credit card on KIPO’s website, your computer must meet the following criteria :
- You need to use Internet Explorer (OS : MS Windows XP, MS Windows Vista, MS Windows7(32bit), Browser : MS Internet Explorer 7.x, MS Internet Explorer 8.x, MS Internet Explorer 9.x(32bit)) as a web browser and allow Active-X control in the internet option (Or you might find any pop-up window message for Active-X control located on the top or bottom on the screen and allow it) and install the payment Active X, the INIpay plugin,(which is provided by the online payment service (INICIS)) for an internet secure payment.
- In addition, your credit card needs to be enrolled in Visa 3D secure services that is provided by the card issuer. (3D Secure is an authentication service developed by VISA for online credit and debit card transactions.) 3D secure registration methods differ depending the bank issuing the credit card or the country. Please contact the bank that issued your credit card and ask about 3D authentication methods. The payment will go through online only when you meet all the above requirements.